Friday, April 19, 2013

IF LORD JESUS WAS NOT IN MY HEART – I’D BE DEAD BY SUICIDE BY NOW


IF LORD JESUS WAS NOT IN MY HEARTI’D BE DEAD BY SUICIDE BY NOW

If the Lord Jesus was not in my heart, I would be dead by suicide by now.  Sometimes the frustrations in our lives never seem to end.  Even when we are homebound and do not go out, life still involves frustrations.  There is nowhere to get away from them – not even in our home.  Jesus said, “Take up your cross and follow Me”.

Whatever our frustrations are, they are our cross. No one’s life is without difficulty.  In the book The Road Less Traveled the first words say something like Life is Difficult and once we accept that, it gets a whole lot easier. Accepting that life is difficult is the hard part.

CLUES IN MY LIFE SEEM TO INDICATE 
I HAVE A LOT OF STUFFED ANGER

All the clues in my life right now seem to indicate that I have a lot of stuffed anger that I need to deal with and resolve. That is a hard task for someone who has not had a lot of practice with expressing anger. Since I trained my mind not to store much personal information, I am not sure how many upsetting memories I am going to recall.  

If you cannot remember the incident, how can you pull up the anger to resolve it?  I honestly do not know, but I am definitely going to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment